Tuesday, September 9, 2008

greyhounds in lyons

I was forced to go to Lyons for my work every week which was about a 5 hour drive so I decided to take my two greyhounds for company; we'd enjoy an evening walk and then I'd get a pizza or numerous chinese food dishes (company was paying) and some beer and watch a soccer game in the room. One week my girlfriend came with me and we were enjoying breakfast in the room before I had to go to work and had put the dogs in the little 'entranceway' of the room with the door closed. We hear some kind of noise coming from where the dogs are and open the door to see in horror the female with a piece of wallpaper hanging out of her mouth; she had dug a small hole in the wall! Of course I was going to tell the hotel owner later but at the moment I had to get to work. So we are getting in the car as the owner's wife appears at the entrance to the hotel shouting something like "why didn't you tell me what happened". We hadn't been out of the room 5 minutes and she had already gone up to 'check on us'!

-Richard Roehl of St Vallier de Thiey, France

2 comments:

earl said...

Greyhounds are excellent animal racers. As they work and perform throughout their racing careers.
http://www.greyhound-betting.com/

earl said...

The moment has come...you've gotten a new puppy! Getting a puppy is both exciting and nerve wracking. Exciting because it's so much fun to watch them grow.
http://www.greyhound-betting.com/