Saturday, September 20, 2008

i almost threw up, but settled for crying myself to sleep

My husband and I were driving from Chicago to Massachusetts, and since that is a long trip, we usually stop for the night somewhere in New York. We were passing lovely pockets of hotel chains, but my dear hubby scoffed at them, saying that he wasn't tired yet. Of course, an hour later, he can barely hold his head up. So we stopped at the nearest motel. This was one of those "door open to the outside" motels where people (I imagine) get murdered. It was filthy of course, but after eating a meal of McDonald's (the only thing around and open, we would never eat that otherwise, blah), we started to get into bed. As I stepped to the edge of the bed, about to get in, I stepped on something sharp with my bare foot and look down. At the pile of toenails piled on the side of the bed. I almost threw up, but instead settled for crying myself to sleep - after I made my husband promise to let ME choose our hotels from now on.

UGH!

-Anna Gregoline of Chicago, IL
VoodooToaster.com

No comments: